Quality of Life
- One of the most beautiful, naturally unique coastal environments in US
- Abundant scenery, wildlife, marine life, and rich coastal and estuarial habitats
- Exciting outdoor activities such as kayaking, sailing, fishing and exploring
- Premier golf courses and golf communities
- Historic communities and cities with rich culture and charming traditions
- Warm, friendly people who make you feel at home
- Active retirement population
- State-of-the-art health care facilities
- Lowcountry has the welcoming feel of a “well-kept secret.”
- Location and lifestyle are strong employee recruiting tools for employers
A Strong Case for the Lowcountry:
- South Carolina ranked 4th in the “Top 10 Pro-Business States.” SC is recognized as a leader by national and international business organizations.
- The City of Beaufort named one of “Ten Great Small Towns to Operate a Business” by Southern Business and Development
- Beaufort County second fastest growing county in SC
- No state property tax and one of the lowest corporate income tax rates in the southeast
- See and Do section of Hilton Head Island Chamber Website
- Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce Community Attractions Site
- Live shows at USCB Performing Arts Center and Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Touring shows regularly scheduled in Savannah and Charleston
- Jasper County Chamber of Commerce Events Calendar
- Home to some of the Southeast’s most beautiful coastal scenery and natural attractions
- ACE Basin
- Hunting Island State Park
- Pristine public beaches on Hunting Island and Hilton Head Island
- Marinas with boating/fishing options
- Ongoing commitment to preservation
- Outdoors and Nature page of the Hilton Head Island chamber website
- Outdoors recreation page on Beaufort Chamber of Commerce website
- Blue Heron Nature Center of Jasper County
We continue to struggle as a region with our education image. It is true that our region has been challenged over time to transition our agrarian and textile workforce to new age technology and manufacturing practices. However, we get little credit for the progress we have made and continue to make. There is no question that the work ethic and focus of Lowcountry workers is superior to many locations. The desire for a better community is what drives our Regional priorities and we are happy to report we have made great strides.
- Beaufort County won national recognition as one of America’s Promise Alliance’s 100 Best Communities for Young People for its comprehensive menu of initiatives to help young people. The competition recognizes communities across the country that focus on reducing high school dropout rates and providing service and support to their youth.
- Beaufort County is home to two of the state’s top schools: Beaufort Middle and Hilton Head High Schools named Palmetto’s Finest. Beaufort County School District
- Jasper County School District
We say the South Carolina Lowcountry is the Right Place, with the Right People, at the Right Time, and we have the proof to back it up. Our region presents a wonderful opportunity to build successful businesses and exciting personal lives side-by-side. There’s no rule for success that says you have to spend your days in some vertical gray concrete world. The Lowcountry of South Carolina is a beautiful place where life is good and companies can thrive because their people can thrive.
Let us show you around. Down here…one good thing leads to another.